Saturday, January 10, 2009

4 Twitter Tools I Can't Live Without


If you're a serious Twitter user like I am, I don't need to tell you that keeping up with tweets, replies (@) and direct messages can sometimes be overwhelming. Throw in trying to manage your followers and those that you follow and you may wonder if you took on a full-time job when you joined Twitter.

In the 8 months I've been tweeting, I've seen dozens of new tools and resources created to help make your Twitter experience easier and more enjoyable. The 4 listed below are those that I use on an almost daily basis.

  1. TwitterMail - Enables you to send Twitter updates from your email client. Will also send you a daily email in digest form of all @ replies sent to you.

  2. My Tweeple - Lists your Twitter followers and the people you are following in alphabetical order. You can follow, unfollow, block - or ding bots and spammers all from one site.


  3. Twhirl - A pc desktop application that lets you read and send tweets, replies and DMs (direct messages) from one central location on your desktop. Also gives you the ability to automatically send retweets, favor tweets, follow and unfollow.


  4. Twitrefresh - On those rare occasions I'm twittering from someone else's computer I turn to Twitrefresh, a web-based application that automatically refreshes your Twitter homepage every 60 seconds.


I'm interested in what you think of those I've listed, and if you have a favorite Twitter tool or resource you just can't live without please share it using the comments link found below.


Sharon McPherson
Follow @SharonMcP On Twitter

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

3 comments:

Anonymous

I used Twhirl for a second then stumbled upon TweetDeck and it was all over. It's a much more robust program and it has one feature that was missing from Twhirl that I couldn't live without... a spell check. That's right, as far as I know Twhirl doesn't spell check your words as you type. TweetDeck does. Other than that they both have nearly identical functionality, but TweetDeck is a little more expansive in terms of layout.

Sharon McPherson

Thanks for visiting and for your comment Tylor.

I tried Tweetdeck earlier today and didn't like it as much as I do Twhirl. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I found it to be a little "overbearing" as opposed to Twhirl.

Hope you visit again.

Respectfully,

Sharon McPherson
Follow @SharonMcP on Twitter

Anonymous

Testing the new comment section.