Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tweeting Minds Want To Know - Is she really a social media diva? Or does she just play one on Twitter?

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born". - Author Unknown

First I guess I should get the legal stuff out of the way with the disclaimer that I'm not really a Social Media Diva, I just play one on Twitter.

My name is Sharon Bray-McPherson, but oddly enough, since becoming a Twitaholic I find myself only answering to @SharonMcP.

Before starting my online business in 1998 my previous business experience involved being the assistant manager of an automotive parts store for 4 years and owner-operator, along with my husband, of a full-service gas station for two years.

I'm an 8 year charter member of the International Council of Online Professionals (iCop), and while I in no way consider myself a "guru", during the course of my 10 years as an online entrepreneur I have acquired experience in various aspects of internet marketing, network marketing and resale rights marketing and my partner Jan Tallent (@jantallent) and I currently have a digital products membership site.

But by now I'm guessing that the only question you want an answer to is, "why should I follow you on Twitter?"

And the answer to that question can be summed up in this quote written by one of my favorite authors, Og Mandino.
Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward.

That my friend is the philosophy that I strive to live by everyday, and the rewards that I receive from doing so are without measure.

My Twitter followers have described me as inspiring, helpful, smart, funny, sweet, loyal and transparent, which in social networking, is a plus.

@SharonMcP's Friends


The words they haven't used to describe me are gorgeous, sexy or ooh, she's so thin - so you know they can be believed.

Short Background: My birthplace was Cincinnati, Ohio on June 01, 1956, which made me number 12 in the food chain of 13 kids born to my parents. I've been married to the same guy for 31 years and have 6 children who have blessed us with 16 beautiful grandchildren.

Schools I've attended: Amelia Elementary '61 thru '67 - Schwab Jr. High '68 & '69 - Deerfield Beach High '70 thru '74.

Places I've Lived: Amelia, Ohio - Cincinnati, Ohio - Pompano Bch, FL - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Altha, FL - Homosassa, FL - Beverly Hills, FL.

Hobbies: Fishing and attending Nascar races at Daytona Speedway whenever possible.

Favorite Sports Teams: Of course being from Cincinnati it would be sacrilegious for me not to be a baseball fan, although my loyalty has shifted from the Reds to the Marlins. HUGE fan of the Miami Dolphins and Hurricanes!

Music Interests: Country music, oldies from the '50s and '60s and recordings from the "Big Band" era.

I Read: Anything written by Og Mandino and C.S. Lewis. I also enjoy autobiographies and non-fictional books related to the civil war. Otherwise, all the books or magazines I read are those related to business and marketing.

Movies: I'm not a movie buff, but my two favorites are Gone With The Wind and North & South. I also like the old comedy classics with Carole Lombard, Irene Dunn, Cary Grant, etc.

TV: I don't watch much television other than CNN, Fox News, C-Span and The Golf Channel (it works wonders as a sleep aid). I will occasionally watch an episode of Law & Order and I must admit that I can't miss an episode of Hell's Kitchen or a Dolphins / Hurricanes football game.

Politics & Religion: I usually don't discuss politics or religion on Twitter, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian and a registered republican. And though there may be times when I don't always see eye-to-eye with my Twitter friends on certain issues, I will defend with my life their right to tweet about it.

Respectfully,

Sharon Bray-McPherson

P.S. Since starting my online business I've made many friends who have enriched my life in many ways, and I've built relationships that will last a lifetime. I'd very much like to include you. Click here to follow me on Twitter.

Click Here to Send a Retweet About This Page

If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

0 comments: